How to Make CBD Bath Bombs
There is nothing more relaxing than a hot bath to warm those tired muscles. Adding a CBD Bath Bomb into the hot water is absolute bliss you can feel the stress of the day melt away. Lots of customers have asked me How to Make CBD Bath Bombs.
Here is a simple recipe for you to make your own CBD Bath Bombs at home. Will you keep them all for yourself or share them with loved ones?
CBD Bath Bomb Ingredients
- 5 g serving of CBD Isolate
- 1 cup baking soda
- ½ cup citric acid
- ½ cup Epsom salt or sea salt
- 2 ½ tablespoons coconut oil (melted) or almond oil
- 10 drops of your favourite essential oil(s) — we like a ylang ylang and bergamot blend for relaxation, or lemongrass to create a more uplifting bathing experience
- Bath bomb moulds, or a silicone ice cube tray
- Optional: natural pigment — try the following ingredients to create a natural colour for your bath bomb: turmeric for yellow, beet juice for pink, dried lavender for purple, or peppermint leaf for a nice, earthy hue. Activated charcoal can also make for a great addition to your CBD bath bomb, as it’s good for skin health and produces a deep greyish-black.
CBD Bath Bomb Recipe:
1. Mix the CBD isolate and warm coconut oil or almond oil together into a small bowl with the essential oils.
2. In a separate bowl, mix together all remaining dry ingredients.
3. With a gentle hand, slowly mix the liquid ingredients into the bowl of dry ingredients.
4. When adding the liquid ingredients, make sure to do so very slowly. The texture should be the consistency of wet sand, able to be moulded and shaped. If you need to add more moisture, you can do so by filling a small spray bottle with tap water and spritzing water over the mixture until it starts to bind together.
5. If you’re using a traditional bath bomb mould, fill each half of the mould and press the two halves together firmly. Let sit for at least one minute. Twist apart like you would an Oreo cookie, and carefully place the formed bath bomb on a sheet of parchment paper.
6. If you’re using ice cube trays, simply fill the tray, let sit for a minute or two, then pop out the shapes and rest on parchment paper (you can play around with combining these into larger shapes as well). In all cases, let the bath bombs sit in open air for 12 to 24 hours after shaping.
Buy CBD Isolate now to get started on your own personal CBD bath bombs. Great for your own pleasure or to give as a gift to a loved one! It’s an easy, thoughtful, and creative way to show someone that you are thinking of them and considering their self-care.
If you would like to save time you can Buy CBD Bathbombs Here
We offer Buy 2 Get 10% OFF and also Buy 3 Get 4 th FREE. You can Mix and Match the whole range of high quality CBD Products online or at our CBD Shop
Are you wondering How to Make CBD Bath Bombs? Here is a simple recipe and instructions so you can make CBD BathBombs at home using CBD isolate. Relax and ..
How to Make CBD Oil Bath Bombs at Home
Thyme & Sand
Sep 14, 2018 · 6 min read
How to Make CBD Oil Bath Bombs at Home
CBD oil bath bombs are excellent for easing anxiety and finding pain relief. Learn how to make your own CBD oil bath bomb like a pro! All it takes are a few ingredients that you probably already have, and a little creativity. These CBD oil bath bombs can be made at home from the comfort of your kitchen, and they also make perfect gifts.
What You Need to Make CBD Oil Bath Bombs
Lets review the tools you will need to get started. Be prepared to get a little messy, as packing and unpacking the molds can get intense.
- Disposable Gloves
- Mixing Bowl
- Bath Bomb Mold
- Digital Kitchen Scale or Measuring Cups
To make mo r e or less bath bombs, simply multiply or divide the ingredient list to suit your needs. For first timers, start small while you perfect your technique. Unmolding bath bombs is the most difficult part, so make a test batch without CBD oil first, in case the bath bombs break, or don’t unmold.
Bath Bomb Base Ingredients:
- 2 Cups Baking Soda
- 1 Cup Citric Acid
- 1 1/2 Cups Corn Starch
- 1/2 Cup Epsom Salt
- 2–4 Tablespoons Water
- A few drops of paste gel food coloring (optional)
- A few drops of Essential Oils to taste (optional)
Determining How Much CBD Oil to Use
If you are familiar with CBD oil, you probably know that it comes in many different forms and strengths, from CBD oil tinctures, to edibles and even pet treats! For this recipe, we want to use plain CBD oil or CBD Isolate to ensure accurate and consistent dosing. Depending on what type of results you are seeking from your bath bomb, you may use more or less CBD oil. I recommend making a few CBD oil bath bombs with different concentrations to find which one works best for you.
CBD content is generally measured in Milligrams (mg) per ounce. For example, this CBD oil body balm contains 150mgs of CBD per fluid ounce. The minimum amount of CBD oil for a relaxing bath bomb is about 25mg of CBD oil total. If you are seeking pain relief, try between 50–100mg CBD oil per bath bomb. For deep relaxation and pain relief you may want to try adding up to 200mg of CBD oil per bath bomb.
The tricky part is figuring out the total amount of CBD oil you need to add to your entire bath bomb mixture. Here’s how to figure it out:
In order to have the same amount of CBD in each bath bomb, multiply the desired amount of milligrams per bath bomb by the number of bath bombs you are making.
To make a quantity of 10 extra-large 5 ounce bath bombs, with 25mgs of CBD oil per bath bomb, you will need a total of 50 ounces bath bomb mix made with a total of 250mgs total of CBD oil.
Pharma Hemp Complex Isolate Powder
CBD Isolate Powder can be easily added to your recipe, and is the best method for first time bath bomb crafters as this dry powder will blend well with the dry base. Pharma Hemp Complex CBD Powder Isolate is 99% pure CBD, meaning a little bit goes a long way. If we follow the dosage example above, you will need to measure out 250mgs of isolate powder using a digital scale. Alternatively, you can use a teaspoon to measure milligrams using this guide.
Note: CBD Isolate does not include the full spectrum of cannabidoids.
Pharma Hemp Complex 25% Pure Gold Oil
Get the all benefits of full spectrum CBD oil with this 25% Pure Gold Oil. 1 gram of Pharma Hemp Complex gold oil contains 250mgs of full spectrum CBD. Add a rice grain sized amount to the middle of each bath bomb when you are in the molding phase to ensure each bath bomb has the same amount.
Bath Bomb Mixing and Molding
When making a CBD oil bath bomb you will be combining the dry ingredients first, and slowly adding the wet ingredients. Make sure your dry ingredients are clump free before adding the wet ones. The trick is to combine the two without fully activating the dry ingredients. You don’t want your bath bombs to fizz up before they make it to the bath!
When adding the wet ingredients, do so incrementally, while whisking. If a fizzy area appears, quickly mix it in with the rest of the ingredients to diffuse the situation. You may want to set aside extra dry ingredients to quell premature fizz ups. The mix should hold its form when you squeeze a handful of it and let go.
Once you have your CBD oil bath bomb mix prepared, you will need to pack the mix into a mold. Metal molds do better than silicone ones as you will need to apply a lot of pressure to the mix to keep it sticking together. Spherical and fun shaped bath bomb molds such as these can be found on Amazon. For added fun and seasonal spirit, you might prefer using a holiday muffin pan such as this one. Keep in mind that designs with parts that branch off, like a wing for example, will be more difficult to unmold than round compact designs.
Think: “Sand Castle”
Pack the mix into your mold as tightly as you possibly can. If your mold has an embossed design, start by packing those areas before filling the entire mold. Pack the mix in bit by bit, don’t try to pack too much at once. If you are using a baking pan for a mold, smooth the top down so it is distributed evenly. An uneven surface will make cracking more likely. Let the mixture rest in the mold for about 5–10 minutes.
Un-mold your mixture very slowly, think “sand castle reveal”. If you are using an open facing mold, place a cookie sheet over the open surface of the mold and hold the two together tightly. Now, flip the pan over and set it down on a table. Slowly lift the mold, leaving the bath bombs on the cookie sheet. For spherical molds, simply open the mold, keeping it held close to the table top to avoid it dropping, and breaking.
If your CBD oil bath bomb cracks or crumbles during this process, simply try again. Pack that same mixture back into the mold, adding a spritz of water if needed.
Now — We Wait
By now you are probably really eager to take your freshly molded CBD oil bath bombs into the bath so you can finally relax! Before you do that, you need to allow them to dry overnight. If you are a first time bath bomb crafter, or if you are having trouble un-molding without breaking, you may want to let them dry overnight within their molds. If you are a clean, lean, un-molding machine, you can let them dry in the open air on a flat surface.
Once your CBD oil bath bombs are dry, you can toss one in a hot bath, or wrap them up pretty for gift giving! Be sure to store in a cool, dry place where they will not be disturbed to avoid breakage.
CBD oil bath bombs are excellent for easing anxiety and finding pain relief. Learn how to make your own CBD oil bath bomb like a pro! All it takes are a few ingredients that you probably already…